The School of Women in Ministry provides the opportunity to prepare you theologically,
practically and spiritually to serve in ministry.
- Six classroom days, over a two-year period, covering a range of topics relevant to
those in ministry leadership. Pre and post-course assignments augment the
- A personalized ministry internship is created by each student. The internship is
planned and approved by the end of the first year and completed in the second year
under the supervision of a ministry leader.
- A professional, Christian Life Coach will meet with each student quarterly to process
learning and help them to keep moving forward.
- With an emphasis on Spiritual Formation, students evidence spiritual growth and are
inspired to effective service.
- Students demonstrate increased competence and confidence in leadership roles.
- Students who wish to receive credit can do this through our partnership with Taylor Seminary College http://www.taylor-edu.ca/
Who Should Attend the School of Women in Ministry?
This training program is geared to women of committed Christian faith who desire to be better prepared and equipped to serve well within their local church or a para-church organization.
This training program has some flexibility; however, in order to graduate, students need to commit to:
- Attend the six class dates
- Working with a Life Coach and the Academic Advisor
- Read assigned texts (honours program requires additional readings)
- Complete all assignments (honours program requires additional assignments)
- Develop and complete an internship project
The learning environment is supportive and each student is assigned a teacher’s assistant to review progress and provide feedback on written assignments. The assignments are usually short (500 to 1,200 words) and often use a personal context. Women keen to immerse themselves in deeper study can choose to enter the ‘honors option’ whereby they complete additional readings and assignments for credit.
Classes will be held at Taylor Seminary in Edmonton, AB.
Live, satellite sites are available in Langley, BC (Brookswood Baptist Church) and in Stonewall, Manitoba (New Life Church)
Curriculum: (click for full size)
Unit 1 October 5, 2019
Unit 2 February 1, 2020
Unit 3 April 25, 2020
Unit 4 October 3, 2020
Unit 5 January 23, 2021
Unit 6 April 24, 2021
Interested in learning more about our instructors? Visit the School of Women in Ministry Facebook page